Hey guys! Today's post is going to be a little different from my regular ones. Laurren from farfetch.com, an online luxury fashion website, has reached out to me to share this beautiful infographic about an insider's guide to blogging.
Though I've only been blogging for a short amount of time, I feel like I've been doing this my whole life. I absolutely love blogging and I wish I started sooner. There are so many amazing blogs out there, and we all want to know, how can you make yours stand out? Well here is an awesome infographic to help new and old bloggers get their voices heard!
Weren't those some great tips? Anyone can start a blog, you don't have to be a professional to make one. Blogging is an escape from my everyday reality, and in the short amount of time I've been doing it, I think I've found my true calling.
Here are some of my own tips for blogging:
- Get yourself heard: Don't be afraid to tweet about new posts, and share your content on your social media. Every time I upload a new post I tweet it, Instagram it, and Facebook it. I sometimes even tweet it a few hours later so people who missed my first tweet, will see this one. Join blogging communities like Bloglovin. Its a great way to get your blog out there, and also see other blogs you may be interested in.
- There's no such thing as a bad idea: If you have a blog post idea, don't be afraid to make it because you're afraid people will judge you. Its your blog, you can talk about what you truly feel passionate about. Write for yourself first.
- Reply back in a timely manner: Connect with your readers. If they comment on your posts, try to comment back in a timely manner. It shows that you read your comments and you care about what they have to say. I admit that sometimes I forget to reply back, but I've been trying my best to remember! This also applies to emails. Reply back to emails you get from companies, letting them know what your answer is to their offers and such.
- Share your tips and knowledge: Do you have some tips that might help others? Share them. Don't be afraid that you're giving your secrets away. People love reading about tips to make their lives easier, why don't you be their inspiration?
- Be patient: You're not going to be a famous blogger overnight. Gaining readers and followers will take time. There were some moments where I felt like it would be impossible to get readers, but it will happen. Stick to writing what you love, and don't give up hope!
Are you a blogger? What are your tips for new bloggers?