My anxiety level was at like 100 trying to order these babies. Lucky for me, I was prepared way before hand to ensure that my purchase would go smoothly. Today I will be sharing with you some amazing photos and swatches of the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits. Now, I would of purchased all of them in one shot, but really, I didn't plan on being broke as hell and blow my whole paycheque on lipsticks.
Along with the swatches, I will share with you my tips on how I was able to get my purchase through in only 4 minutes since the launch time. This time around, the lip kits sold out in 16 minutes. Apparently, the longest time was 30 minutes, and the shortest was 30 seconds. Unbelievable.
If you don't want to hear the tips and just want the review, my thoughts on the formula will be at the bottom, and my description of the shades will be with the individual swatch photos!
Here are my tips on getting your hands on the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits:
1. Make an account on kyliecosmetics.com. This way, when you do plan on ordering your lip kits, you already have your shipping address information on there, therefore making it a quick checkout at the time of purchase.
2. Know which colours you want to buy, and have a secondary plan if the ones you want are sold out. I knew I for sure wanted Candy K, Dolce K, and Kourt K. My second list was Koko K, Posie K, and Mary Jo K.
3. Be more than punctual. If the launch is at 4pm PST, you better have your ass in front of the computer screen at least 10 minutes beforehand, refreshing the page. You never know when the admin is going to log in and allow the products to go live, so better safe than sorry. I was watching the website at least 15 minutes beforehand, just in case.
4. Have your payment information in front of you. Either have your credit card memorized, or even in front of you, find a way to get those digits into the box fast. I typed it out in a word processor and copied and paste.
5. Be persistent and don't give up. I was able to get two of the three shades I wanted into my cart no problem. The last one was a bit tricky. I had to refresh the page a couple of times and double checked my cart to make sure it was there. Once I knew it was, I was ready to check out. Checking out was the hard part. I refreshed every minute since the webpage wasn't working, and it took about 10 refreshes for me to get to the payment page. Once I got there, I had to refresh maybe 5 times until I got the order confirmation page. It was the longest 4 minutes of my life, but I got them.
6. If all else fails, there's always next week! Kylie did mention that she will be trying to restock at least once a week, which is pretty awesome. So if you missed out this time, there's always another chance.
On to the review! NOTE: Be prepared for an overwhelming amount of pictures.
You know, because. THE PACKAGING.
That packaging thoooooo.
So the package took about 2 weeks to arrive, which is surprisingly not that long of a wait. I actually purchased these at the end of March, received them in April, and just haven't gotten a chance to review it until now haha. I've been looking forward to this review too!
WHY ARE YOU SO PRETTY.
UGH. I. JUST. CAN'T.
I'm a sucker for gorgeous packaging.
I went with what I thought I would like the most, and Candy K was definitely one of them.
It's such a pretty nude pink. Not too nude, and not too pink. Absolute perfection.
My absolute favourite shade.
I was on the fence with Dolce K, since I've never really worn brown shades before.
When swatching, the shade appears very brown, almost light a cappuccino shade.
Once dried, Dolce K appears a lot lighter and like a milk chocolate colour. Super pretty and wearable!
Personally, I don't think it goes well with my tanned skintone, but I still like it.
Now on to the disappointment. Kourt K was actually the new shade that was releasing when I ordered, and I had high expectations since it was the first deep/dark shade.
Kourt K appeared a lot more watery than the other shades, who appeared a lot more creamy. I don't know if it's because the dark shade is a different formula, but it was definitely streaky.
With Kourt K, I applied on many layers to get a dark rich colour. As you can see when I opened my mouth, the colour couldn't stay in the center of my lips, and it took a lot longer to dry since I applied so much.
I was quite unimpressed with Kourt K. Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice colour, but it was a let down compared to Candy K and Dolce K.
Formulation for the lip liners is absolutely phenomenal. They are extremely creamy, and I mean extremely. If you press too hard it gets used up fast, because the pencil is like butter. I used Candy K's lip liner maybe 3 times and I already had to sharpen it because the point was already a nub. Maybe a little too creamy.
The formula for the liquid lipsticks is amazing. Probably one of the most comfortable liquid lipsticks I've ever worn. With these liquid lipsticks, a little definitely goes a long way. If you apply too much, the product cracks and feels heavy on the lips. If you apply the perfect amount, it's like you're not wearing any product at all. It's so lightweight, you barely notice it. It feels like a second skin. It doesn't transfer when you kiss someone or when you touch your lips, but eating greasy foods and dabbing your mouth it definitely will without a doubt. I can wear it all day without feeling like my lips are gonna crack because the product is sucking the moisture out of it, and I don't have to worry about touch ups!
Is it worth the hype? In my opinion, yes. If you're looking for a good formula, you've definitely got it. The price point isn't too bad, considering you also receive a matching lip liner. I've tried my fair share of liquid lipsticks, and I've never used one as comfortable as this one. Being someone who choses comfort over anything recently, this is for sure a lipstick I'll be carrying in my everyday make-up bag.